Saturday, May 14, 2022

Season 5 Who Am I? Blog 6: Night Ride

 Night Ride


The other night I got ready for bed, said good night to Shane, and got into bed. As I began to doze off, I suddenly realized that I had not ridden my bike since I got my driver's license in the fall of 2020 (Play Another Song). Fueled by impulse, I got out of bed, got dressed, and snuck out into my car.

I drove to Meadow Park Drive and parked across the street from my parent's house. I walked down the driveway and unlocked the shed. Sitting in the middle of the shed, waiting to be ridden was my bike. I hopped on and started my journey.

I went up Meadow Park Drive, past the local high school and the duck pond, and got on the bike trail. As the cool air flowed over me I thought back to before I could drive. I would ride my bike to work, school, and really anywhere else. It was my main mode of transportation and I had forgotten how much I missed it.

I made it downtown and I rode past the Nationwide building. Out of nowhere a car hopped the curb and hit me. I flew through the air, hit the ground, and woke up with a start! Despite the dramatic ending to the dream I haven’t been able to stop thinking about riding my bike and I can’t wait to do it this summer!

Have a Greattastic day and be safe! 

J. Mitchie Ulibarri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...