Saturday, July 27, 2019

First-time flyer

First-time flyer
I have been on three really big trips in the last two weeks. Cousin Simple played in Nashville (which was awesome by the way), then after that I went to Hatteras, North Carolina with my family. I then decided last week, to take a flight down to Orlando, Florida, where (some of) dad’s family lives.
I have flown before, but there was something special about this time… This was the first time that I've ever flown on my own. I wasn't nervous, I was actually a little too confident. I got to the airport at about 6:30 in the morning on Thursday. My flight left around 8:00, and I got to Orlando around 10:00. I texted my family group chat, and told them that landed, thinking that would be the end of it. 

I hadn't even gotten off the plane when dad called me. He asked me how the flight was and we talked for a few minutes. He told me to to call him if I got lost. Now everyone was telling me the Orlando airport was big and confusing. Mom had told me just to follow the crowd out of the airplane directly to the baggage claim, and my aunt would pick me up right outside.I told Dad that was the plan, and then I got off the plane. 

The crowd entered the airport with me following close behind. I don’t really know how it happened, but I lost "my crowd". I asked one of the ticket agents where I needed to go. She told me to walk down a big hallway, get on the tram, and then go downstairs. I immediately called Dad. “Wait, where is the tram?” I asked, He laughed and then helped me get to it. I made it to the baggage claim, where my aunt picked me up. 

I was really confident getting on that airplane. I thought I could do it all by myself, but I couldn't.  Not without a little help. Always remember to ask for help when you need it! 

Have A Greattastic Day! 
J. Mitchie Ulibarri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...