Sunday, November 7, 2021

Season 4 Step 1 Blog 25: Paige's Wedding Part 2: Doesn't Get Any Cooler Than That

 Paige's Wedding Part 2: Doesn't Get Any Cooler Than That

When Paige got my book, “The Greattastic Adventures: Miracle Child” she took a picture of it and posted it to her Instagram story. Along with the picture she wrote, “My cousin is a published author everyone! It doesn't get any cooler than that!”

On October 30th, 2021 I woke up at my aunt Eva and uncle Zach's house in Florida. I said good morning to my family, except Luke because he had to stay home for a soccer game, and then Dad and I drove to Windermere to help set up the reception. The reception was at Uncle Paul's parents' house on Lake Butler. We spent most of the day, working on putting the words “Mr. and Mrs. Beltz” on a greenery wall and collecting moss to use as decoration. By the time we had finished, it was time to go to the wedding.

The wedding was beautiful. When Paige walked down the aisle The way she and Naughstin were looking at each other was so pure I couldn't help but smile. After they were officially married, We got a few family pictures and then drove back to the venue for the reception.

The night started with a cocktail hour, during which time a dance instructor that they had hired, taught us how to do a basic dance. After we had finished, I went to mingle. 15 minutes later Paige and Naughstin entered the reception on a motorboat driven by Uncle Paul!

After that, the wedding party entered, and Paige and Naughstin had their first dance. We had dinner, everybody gave their toasts, the cake was cut, and an ice cream truck arrived. The DJ told us to all move to the dance floor and we began to dance the night away.

About 30 minutes into dancing, we were instructed to get off the floor so they could do the bouquet toss. When I got off the floor I stood next to Eva, Alexander (Paige's brother), and to my surprise his girlfriend Alexa. Eva and I prompted her to join the other women and she stood at the very back of the group.

“Alexa's going to catch it,” I whispered to Eva jokingly as I started recording. Paige threw the bouquet and it went right to Alexa! I'm so glad I was recording because after she caught it I got a close-up of her and Paige, and then one of Alexander, who was trying his hardest to process what had just happened.

When everything calmed down we returned to the dance floor. As I danced in the crowd with Paige and Naughstin at the center the only thing I could think was, my cousin is a married woman! It doesn't get any cooler than that!

Congratulations Page and Austin! Wishing you a Greattastic Life! 

With Love, J. Mitchie Ulibarri


I can't end this installment without talking about one other thing that happened. As the night wore on the DJ asked everyone who was attending to get on the dance floor so the photographer could get a group picture. As we gathered for the picture I tried to stay with my family. Mom said something to me and I replied. One of Paige’s bridesmaids, Abby, recognized my voice from my social media and the podcast, and she got so excited. “Oh my gosh, you're like a celebrity!” She exclaimed. Initially, her reaction caught me off guard because this is the kind of thing that happens to Ryan because of Cousins Simple, not me. Like yeah, it's Paige's wedding and Abby is one of her friends. Of course, she's going to know about Rules for a Greattastic Life, but it was just so surreal to meet someone who knows about me without me being directly involved. We ended up talking for a while and I realized that she really keeps up with what I do. It was really nice to meet a fan!- Hi Abby :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...