Sunday, February 20, 2022

Season 4 Blog 34: Step 1 Part 4: Goodbye Meadow Park (Season Finale)

Step 1 Part 4: Goodbye Meadow Park (Season Finale)

Over my last few months at Kroger Shane and I got to know each other even better. I found out that not only did we go to the same high school, but we went to the same preschool and he grew up two streets away from Meadow Park Drive, where I grew up. On top of that, Shane lives a quarter mile away from my friend Noah!

I knew that Shane needed a roommate, but at first, I was originally planning to move in with our former coworker Izzy (Step 1 Part 1) and when that fell through I planned to try to buy a house with Ryan and our Cousin Alex (Thanksgiving Special: Step 1 Part 2). While all that was going on Woody and Shane decided to move in together.

Last summer I had a girlfriend named Ishana. I haven't gone into details of how we broke up, other than saying that “things got pretty nasty.” After we broke up she started stalking me and I had to take drastic measures…the first of which was to change my number.

The Thursday before Christmas break while I was working at New Story my phone stopped responding when I would touch the screen. That Saturday Dad and I went to an Apple Store located at the mall. Dad and I walked around the mall while they tried to fix my phone. When we returned, an employee told me that they were going to give me a replacement phone and asked if I had an iCloud backup. Luckily I did.

The employee had me sign into my Apple ID on a laptop. To access my Apple ID, Apple sent a verification code to the phone number that I had registered on the ID. The problem was that I didn't know that I needed to update my phone number on my apple ID manually after I changed it. Basically what happened was the verification code got sent to my old number and Apple had to verify that it was me through another method. Unfortunately, this method apparently takes 27 days! This would have been partially okay if I would have been able to use the replacement phone during that time But, the employee had failed to activate my new phone, so for a month my phone was just an expensive paperweight. I relied solely on Facebook for communicating with people.

Now, during this month we decided that it probably wasn't a good idea for me Ryan, and Alex to buy a house. While that was probably the best decision, I wasn't too happy about it because I was once again back to square one. As soon as we made the decision I happened to check my voicemail, and by sheer grace, I had a new message from Shane.

It turned out that things with Woody becoming his roommate had not panned out and he still needed a roommate. A few weeks later my parents and I went to his house, met his parents, and after some discussion, I decided to move in. At the end of The Kid Kronicles # 2 I said, “and, next week I will be moving on to the next part of my life…” The bureaucracy of getting approved delayed my plans by a week, but yesterday (2/19/2022) was the big day!

After my parents and I finished setting my room up we drove back to my parent's house so I could pick up my car. After we said goodbye, I got in my car turned the key, and started driving. “Goodbye Meadow Park,” I said, “It's been fun!”

Have a Greattastic day and be safe!

J. Mitchie Ulibarri 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...