Saturday, March 5, 2022

Season 5 Who Am I? Blog 1: Out Of Body Experience

Out Of Body Experience

I woke up at 4:30 a.m. in a room I did not recognize. My heart started racing, and I started to panic. The only logical explanation was that I had been kidnapped! I sat up in bed ready to fight whatever dangers laid beyond the door… My anxiety drifted away as my own voice echoed in my head, Goodbye Meadow Park it's been fun!

“Oh right!” I said laying back down, “I live here now!”

I woke up again at about 10:00 and I got ready to take a shower so that I could go to noon Mass. Now the shower at my apartment has three knobs, while the shower at my parents' house only has one. I wish that I could say that I am competent enough to take a shower without my roommate, Shane, thinking that I'm being murdered, but unfortunately, that would be a lie.

The next day was Presidents Day, and since I didn't have to go to work at the school, I went to Kroger to buy essentials. This was strange because it was the first time that I had been to Kroger since I quit, as well as the fact that I was now completely buying my own stuff.

Honestly, I'm kind of struggling to write the rest of this installment… And I think that's the point. Not a lot of “blog/podcast worthy” stuff has happened yet. I've mostly been doing mundane things… but it's weird cuz they don't feel mundane.

I think they don't feel that way because everything is a first. The first time I did the dishes at my house, or paid the rent, or had someone over… It was all normal, but it didn't quite feel real. It's only now after two weeks of living here on Gleason Road, that this out-of-body experience is ending. With it over, I feel that my life on my own has truly begun!

Have a Greattastic day and be safe! 

J. Mitchie Ulibarri


Before I end this installment I want to talk about the situation in Ukraine. It’s hard for me to put into words what I’m feeling. It's such a horrible thing and obviously, I've never experienced anything like that so it feels inappropriate to say anything hopeful or reassuring like I usually would…I guess all I have to say is my heart goes out to the Ukrainian people. I ask that you join me in taking a moment of silence for the people suffering, and for all the lives that have been lost…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...