Friday, August 18, 2023

Season 6 What's The Dream? Blog 19: The Kid Khronicles #3- Roommates

 The Kid Khronicles #3- Roommates

As I explained in "Meet (Half Of) The Andersons," August reached out to Paige on Instagram and sent up a brunch for herself, Paige, Kid, and me, even though I wasn't quite ready for my "sisters" to meet Paige yet. At that point, Paige was not my girlfriend, as our first date had only been a week before. I wrote that installment to set up my motivation for the following one: get my revenge and meet Paige's best friend (Nicole). Because of that, I didn't get to talk about the importance of that brunch in and of itself.

We sat at Northstar on Sunday, March 26th. "So, are you in school?" August asked.

"I go to Columbus State," Paige replied.

"Oh my gosh! So do I!" Kid exclaimed.

My fate was sealed. Paige and Kid exchanged numbers, and they discovered that both of their first classes were in the same building. So before class, they would get coffee almost every day, and Kid took Paige home on more than one occasion. I didn't realize how much trouble I was in until April 8th.

It was the day before Easter, and Arden and Marshall were in town for the holiday. One of Kid's friends had a show that night, and we all planned on going. Once Paige (who was now my girlfriend) had met Arden and Marshall, we headed to the show. That whole night I watched Paige integrate herself into my friend group through Kid with ease.

When Mat Kearney played the most recent private show for Sam's Fans, Paige and I went together (Legend). While we were mingling, Paige got a text. She pulled her phone out, and I noticed it was from someone named "ex-wife." I was confused, and she explained that there had been a running joke for a while that Nicole was her wife, but they "divorced" when Nicole started dating her boyfriend. "So, are you just dating me to make Kid your next wife?" I joked. A mischievous grin spread across Paige's face. Mostly to mess with me, she changed Kid's contact name from "Arlo" (her real name) to "Wifey."

Now Kid was planning on spending her summer in California working on a farm, and she ended up having a wonderful time. A few weeks after the Mat Kearney show, I went to the Anderson's house and found Paige in Kid's room. "We're looking for apartments!" Paige exclaimed.

"We might move in together once I get back from California!" Kid clarified.

I was admittedly a little taken aback at first. Honestly, I think most of it was a shock, but the ridiculousness of my "sister" moving in with my girlfriend was not lost on me. On Tuesday, August 8th, Luke, Josh, and I helped Paige move in, and by the 10th, they were both completely moved in (more or less). I'm so excited for you guys, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Have a Greattastic day and be safe! 

J. Mitchie Ulibarri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...