Saturday, September 9, 2023

Season 6 Whats The Dream? Blog 21: Mitchmas (26) Part 2: Birthday Tipping

Mitchmas (26) Part 2: Birthday Tipping


On August 18th, Mitchmas Eve, I finished packing, picked Paige up, and drove to Lanesville, Pennsylvania. We got to the Airbnb at around 11:15 that night and went to bed shortly thereafter.

The next day we woke up at 10:00, and after Paige, Arden, Marshall, Aspen, James, and Kid wished me a happy birthday, we went out for a late breakfast. After breakfast, we changed into our bathing suits and went to a nearby lake.

Arden, Paige, and Marshall got single kayaks, Aspen and James got a double canoe, and Kid and I got paddle boards. Paige and Arden’s were closed, while Marshall’s was open. “I think you need a birthday tipping,” Arden said after we had been on the water for 10 minutes.

“Huh?” I said just as Arden and Kid dove into the water and flipped my paddle board.

From there, it became very chaotic, trying to flip everyone we could. After I couldn't manage to tip anyone, I just started swimming around. Aspen had taken control of my paddle board so that it didn't float away. As everyone was leaving, she asked, “Do you want a ride?”

I hopped on the back of the board, and Aspen and I balanced our way toward where everyone else was. “And, do you want to try to tip Arden?” I whispered in Aspen’s ear. She nodded, and we slowly moved toward Arden. Arden was right next to Marshall, and as she saw us slowly moving up to her, she got suspicious. 

“Go, go, go!” Aspen yelled.

I jumped off the back of the paddle board and attempted to flip Arden's kayak. She pushed me, and I lost my grip. To keep myself afloat, I grabbed onto Marshall's kayak and tried to pull myself up. Before I realized what had happened, Marshall's boat was underwater and sinking fast!

“Crap!” Marshall exclaimed, swimming under to hold the kayak up. I helped, but it was super heavy, and there was a good 2 minutes where Marshall and I thought we were going to lose it! Luckily with some effort and help from the girls, we managed to save the kayak. Now there was a man in his 60s who had been fishing on a boat, watching this entire thing play out. He was laughing at our antics, and I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when he got home and told his wife about what he saw!

Have a Greattastic day and be safe!

J. Mitchie Ulibarri


Before I end this installment, I just wanted to congratulate Marshall on finally graduating from college! I’m super proud of him because he’s been in school the entire time I’ve known him, and I’ve seen him go through the ups and downs! I can’t wait to see what’s next for you, man!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...