Sunday, February 16, 2020

Season 2 The Coronapocalypse: Blog 5: Coffeeshop Surprise

Coffeeshop Surprise

On Sunday last week, my “sister” Arden called me to catch me up on her life. We talked for almost two hours. During that time she asked me if I had any Valentine’s Day plans. I told her that I was planning to have breakfast with an old friend, then I was going to meet up with Marshall, and then I had to go to work at the school.

“Well,” she said, “would you be my Valentine?”

The reason that she asked me was that she knows I think of her as my sister, and she just wanted to freak me out. Jokingly I said yes, because why not? Little did I know what Valentine's Day would actually entail.

The day started out as planned, and I had breakfast with my friend, Anna. Anna and I started talking about things that have been going on. Anna is a big fan of the blog and the podcast. She also went to school with Arden. As a result, she knows my relationship with Arden.

“Hey, how is Arden doing?”

“She's doing well, she's been going on a lot of adventures…same old, same old.”

When she and I were done with breakfast, I came home and did a little bit of writing. I had to go to work at 2:30, so at 1:30 Marshall picked me up to go to Crimson Cup. We were having a conversation as we walked up the sidewalk to Crimson Cup. I stopped talking mid-sentence.

“Hi”, Arden said as she walked out the door to meet us, “do I know you from somewhere?”

I couldn't process what was happening. I thought I had seen a ghost. “What are you doing here?!” I exclaimed.

“Oh come on Mitchie, you know if you’re going to be someone’s Valentine you have to see them on Valentine's Day!”

That's how my weekend started, and the craziness has not died down since. And let me tell you it has been Greattastic!

J. Mitchie Ulibarri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...