Saturday, June 6, 2020

Season 3 The Empire of Friends: Blog 2: Soft Reboot

Soft Reboot
As you may know, I ended season 2 during the COVID-19 quarantine so I could record the blogs that I had already written. I did not want to be releasing content from two different time periods in my life. My original plan for catching the podcast up to my blogs was to wait until August 19th, because I'm actually working on a third project and that is the day that I plan to announce it. When the coronavirus hit, I decided to change my plans a little bit because I had more free time. The problem is COVID-19 changed so much in my life personally that you, my audience, might get kind of lost in my next installment if I don't explain it…and if I put this in my next installment it would make it really really long…. so yeah, here you go:

Marshall
Because he was such a big part of season 2, it seems only fitting that I start this summary off with Marshall. As I’ve mentioned a lot, I grew up next door to four girls, who I love like “sisters”. The older two girls worked with Marshall and introduced him to me. Three out of the four girls moved away and Marshall and I started hanging out together a lot after the move. He even orchestrated the most convoluted series of surprises I have ever been involved in. When the stay at home order was issued, Marshall left Columbus and went back to Cleveland, to be with his family. During the crisis, he was offered a temporary job at Battelle and got placed in Colorado… As if that state hasn't taken enough from me already! From what I understand he's only supposed to be there for the summer, but I really don't know what's going on right now, so I'll update you later.

August and Aspen
My four “sisters” are named, August, Arden, Aspen, and Arlo (Kid) Anderson. Arden moved to Colorado this time last year. At the end of last summer, Aspen moved to Miami, Florida for school and was in the ROTC program. Kid will be a junior in high school next year and August graduated from OSU in the winter. Shortly after her graduation, August moved in with Arden while she looked for a job. However, because of COVID-19 she could not get a job and ended up moving back home, for the time being. When her college shut down Aspen also returned to Columbus for the summer.

To Be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...