Thursday, April 20, 2023

Season 6 What's The Dream? Blog 5: Spring Break 2023 Part 2: Chicago

 Spring Break 2023 Part 2: Chicago

Ryan picked me up from Cadillac, Michigan, on the morning of March 30th, and we drove four hours to Chicago, Illinois. After dropping my stuff off at his apartment, we took the train downtown and saw the bean in Millennium Park. Afterward, we went to a restaurant and got Chicago-style pizza!

On Friday, we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo in the morning, got lunch, and returned to his apartment just in time to meet Ryan, and Will's bandmates, Mitch and Dave, and their friend Mark, who came into town for a Cousin Simple show that night. We all hung out at the apartment for a couple of hours with Will and Ryan's roommates, Zak and Patrick, then we went to the bar for the show.

The next day, Ryan, Mitch, Mark, and I went to Wrigley Field to watch the Chicago Cubs play on opening day. I'm not a big sports guy, and it was frigid that day. Despite these factors, I enjoyed spending time with Ryan and his friends at such an iconic location.

After the game had ended and Mitch and Mark returned to Columbus, Ryan and I went out for the night. Our first stop was The Signature Room. It's a lounge/restaurant on the 96th floor of the building that used to be called the John Hancock building. We each had one drink, and after going out to get more pizza, we went to a dueling piano bar.

Finally, on April 2nd Will's parents, David and Tracy, who had come into town for the show and to celebrate David's birthday, took Ryan, Will, and me out for bagels. After that, Ryan and I went to Mass, went out for lunch, and I took the train to O'Hare Airport. As I mentioned in Part 1, I haven't gone anywhere for spring break since 2020. So I'm very happy that I got to spend my first break post-Covid with good coworkers and my brother and his friends!

Have a Greattastic day and be safe!

J. Mitchie Ulibarri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...