Thursday, March 12, 2020

Season 2 The Coronapocalypse: Blog 8: An Empire of Friends

An Empire of Friends

It is Arden’s birthday on March 13th, so Marshall and I brought her favorite cake on the plane with us. After we surprised August and Arden, we started eating the cake.

“What are we doing tonight?” I asked.

“We were going to go to a bar with a few friends.”  Arden said.

After we finished the cake, we walked around the apartment complex and started to collect our group. The first person we met up with was Katie.

Sami works at a school as an art teacher. Katie works at the same school. When they discovered that they lived in the same apartment complex, they decided to start hanging out together. After the introductions and a bit of small talk between Arden and Katie, Katie asked how Sami and Arden met.

“Well, I went to the gym,” Sami explained, “and Arden was there. Neither of us really had friends yet, and we hit it off.”

“Then we met MJ”, Arden continued, “and our little friend group grew!”

“Now you’re here” Sami finished dramatically, “and together we shall build our own empire!”

We all laughed and then started walking to the bar. On the way, we met up with MJ, another resident of Arden’s apartment complex.

The bar had a small area for dancing. Not gonna lie, when we got there the dancing area was kind of dead. Just as a general rule though, I like it when places are more dead, because usually when I go out with the girls dancing and I feel like I have to play defense, against creepy guys… but I digress, either way, we brought the bar back to life.

The night was really fun and a lot of shenanigans took place, but that is not the reason I am writing this blog. I’m writing this blog because as I watched Arden and her new friends living it up, it reawakened my obsession with making new friends.

Yes, I’ve had this obsession for a long time now, but seeing all this happen gives me a more clear idea of what it looks like. I want an “empire” of friends and I’m going to keep my mind open for new experiences and friendships again. Wish me luck!

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...