Monday, March 9, 2020

Season 2 The Coronapocalypse: Blog 7: Outdoing Natalie

Outdoing Natalie
If you have been following me for a while, you may recall that my sister, Arden surprised everyone for Christmas, and how she used me to do that. If you don't remember here is a refresher: I told my other sisters, August, Aspen, Arlo, and my friend Marshall, that I met a girl at work named Natalie and that we were going to go on a date. It was a clever lie, that ended in ridiculous shenanigans.


In an attempt to surprise me, since I was involved in to surprise the first time, on Valentines day Arden planed a random trip back to Columbus with Marshall. The surprise worked and we had an awesome weekend. Now during this time August moved to Utah for an internship. The job was not right for her, so she decided to look for work in Colorado with Arden. 


Two weeks after Arden Valentine's Day surprise, I was working at Kroger, when Marshall walked in the door. After about a minute of conversation, August and her boyfriend walked in the door! I was in complete and utter shock! I looked at Marshall and he had a look of pure smugness on his face. Of course, I knew why he was being smug…

“You know Marshall”  I said sarcastically so August didn’t catch on, “if you ever pull this off again I’m gonna Knight you!” 

A week later Marshall and I were on our own plane to Colorado, and true to form we didn’t tell the girls we were coming. We had told one of Arden’s friends from her apartment complex, Sami, that we were coming and she picked us up.

Right when you walk into Sami’s place, on your left is her bathroom. You walk though a small hallway and then you are her main room, which also doubles as her bedroom. Right next to her bed is a walk-in closet. The plan was, Marshall would hide in the bathroom and when the girls came in he would come out. They would go crazy and I would pop out of the closet and then they would just lose their minds

We got into position and Sami called Arden. After about 10 minutes of Sami nagging the girls to come over, she saw them walking over to her building from the window. 

“Ok” Sami said when they got in the door, “I have a surprise for you.” There was a long pause and the girls screamed with joy.

I waited for 10 seconds and I walked out of the closet. “Hey why does Marshall get all the love?” I asked.

“What are you guys doing here?” August 

“Out doing Natalie!” Marshall replied.

“Oh my gosh!” Arden yelled pulling us all together for a hug.

“We did it!” I said  to Marshall when the hug was over. He smiled because he knew what I was implying. He knelt and I said, “by the power invested in me, John Mitchell Ulibarri, I knight you, Marshall, a Greattastic adventurer!” 

  • To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 8: Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality

  Spring Break 2024 Part 2: Totality In part 1, I said my spring break lasted until April 8th. That wasn’t 100% true. That day was the day o...