Sunday, July 4, 2021

Season 4 Step 1 Blog 11: Greg’s Wedding Part 3: Congratulations To The Bride And Groom!

Greg’s Wedding Part 3: Congratulations To The Bride And Groom!

"You may kiss the bride!" the pastor said at the end of the Western wedding. Everyone cheered! We bowed our heads for a quick blessing, and as I looked down, I saw Greg's wedding ring on his finger. Oh my gosh, they're married, I thought to myself in utter disbelief.


We processed out of the wedding in a botanical garden and got ready for the reception. The wedding party entered the reception, and Greg and Temi had their first dance. Then there were the mother-son and father-daughter dances, followed by everyone giving their speeches. When the speeches were finished everybody started dancing.

The plan was that Greg and Temi would make their exit and change into regular clothes at the end of the reception while I ran to the car and waited to pick them up to take them to a hotel. About 20 minutes before the reception ended, Greg came up to me. "Hey," he said, "I left my regular clothes in the rental car. Can you go and get them?"

"Of course!" I said with enthusiasm.

It was about 11:00, so the garden was dark, and I realized that I had no idea where the parking garage was. Lucky for me, I saw Greg's sister Melody and asked her if she knew where it was. Melody led me through a couple of buildings, and before we left the last one, she left the door open so that we wouldn't get locked out.

We got to the car, and after we got his clothes, we started to run back to the reception. But, unfortunately, the door that Melody had propped open had been closed. We both started to panic until we saw a security guard.

"I don't have a key to that door," he said. "Try going to the front desk."

Luckily as we were starting to head that way, we found a woman who had a key to a side gate. So we got back to the reception just in time to give Greg his clothes. Within a couple of minutes, Greg and Temi made their exit, and I picked them up and drove them to the hotel.

Congratulations Greg and Temi! Wishing you a Greattastic life and a very happy marriage!

J. Mitchie Ulibarri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 9: Ace of Cups

  Ace Of Cups Ace of Cups is a bar in Columbus, only a couple of miles from my parents' house. It’s fairly popular locally, and it’s pre...