Saturday, July 24, 2021

Season 4 Step 1 Blog 14: The Time Has Come

 The Time Has Come

Marshall and I flew back from Colorado on a different day than Aspen. Because she wasn't coming back for a couple of days, and my family was in Tennessee, I decided to stay in Cincinnati with Marshall until my family drove through. When we got back to Marshall's house, we blew up my air mattress and got ready for bed. As I got into bed, I got a goodnight text...

On the night of May 20th, I pulled up to my date's apartment. "Well Ishana," I said, letting go of her hand, "I had a really good time… would you like to do it again?"

"Yeah!" Ishana replied enthusiastically, "I'll text you tomorrow and we'll make plans for next week!"

It turned out that we both had the next Tuesday off, so we decided to go to a movie together. We went to a movie theater called Marcus Crosswoods Cinema, which has reclining seats. The seats are in pairs of two with an armrest in the middle to split them up. There were only two older women in the theater with us. Because we had already broken this barrier on our first date, Ishana and I enter the theater holding hands. Ishana's hand was pressed up against the armrest, and so after 15 minutes, her hand fell asleep. She let go and told me what happened. Not wanting her to let go again, I pushed to the armrest, so we were sitting in one giant seat. I promise I didn't plan this, but we were cuddling within a minute after I removed the armrest!

Now Ishana and I learned pretty quickly that these reclining seats are only just comfortable enough for laying down in; they are not ideal for cuddling. So throughout the movie, she and I were moving around trying to find a comfortable position but eventually stopped cuddling because it was too complicated.

We continued watching the movie, and at the end of the scene, the screen cut to black. I thought it was part of the movie until the audio continued, and the video still didn't come back. The time has come, I thought to myself, knowing if I didn't go for it, I would regret it. Now I didn't want to start kissing her immediately after is the movie crapped out. So I spent five minutes slowly inching closer and closer to her.

I kissed Ishana on the cheek, and she looked at me. "Is that okay?" I asked *to the Kay Jewelers jingle* Every kiss begins with consent ding!

"Yes!" she said smiling, and we started kissing.

During the five minutes that I have been slowly inching closer to Ishana, one of the two older women decided to tell a theater employee that the movie had stopped. When she came back into the theater, she thought she would do a good deed and let Ishana and I know that the movie would be fixed.

"Stop, Stop!" Ishana said, pulling away.

I was confused at first because I thought I did something wrong. Before I had a chance to ask her what was going on, I heard a soft voice behind me, "Excuse me!"

As I laid on the air mattress at Marshall's house, I read the goodnight text from my now girlfriend, Ishana. I thought about how awkward that situation was due to the older lady. But, I smiled because despite how uncomfortable that made both of us, Ishana and I are still dating at the end of the day, and I couldn't be happier!

Have A Greattastic Day And Be Safe!

J. Mitchie Ulibarri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 9: Ace of Cups

  Ace Of Cups Ace of Cups is a bar in Columbus, only a couple of miles from my parents' house. It’s fairly popular locally, and it’s pre...