Friday, July 2, 2021

Season 4 Step 1 Blog 9: Greg’s Wedding Part 1: A Story About The Bachelor

 Greg’s Wedding Part 1: A Story About The Bachelor


I got off the plane in Atlanta, Georgia, got my bag from baggage claim, then met up with one of Greg's two best men, Timmy.

"So…" Timmy said, as we were walking into the rental car pick-up, "I'm gonna need you to step up and be the second person registered to drive the rental car. Are you ok with that?"

"Ummm, yeah, I can do that!" I said, not sure if I actually could.

After we signed all the paperwork, we got into the rental car, picked up a couple more groomsmen, and went to "the bachelor pad." There were six other friends of Greg's who were in the wedding party, and a few others joined us throughout the night.


We went to two different places for the bachelor party. The first stop was TopGolf where we played for about two hours. After that, we went to this incredibly expensive restaurant, and we all ate to our heart's content. Finally, we got back to the bachelor pad sometime after midnight. As we were busy the next day, Greg suggested that we go to bed.


"Well, actually," Timmy said, "I have asked everyone to prepare a little story about you and your character."


Everyone got situated, and we went around the room telling stories. Mine went a little something like this: When Greg and I were growing up we would have lightsaber fights. We would actually script out fight choreography because we were nerds. One summer evening, after a long day of dueling, Greg and I were sitting in his front yard talking. Suddenly Greg's front door opened, and his dad stood on the front step holding a lightsaber.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." I said.

Greg smiled at the reference, and we swung our lightsabers open. Greg and I charged his father, and the battle began. The fight was very intense because Greg's dad was fighting strategically, so we had to fight even harder just to stay in the game. Eventually, Greg and I got separated, and only Greg's dad and I were fighting. His dad took a swing, and my grip on the lightsaber was not tight enough at that moment, and it flew out of my hands. Before he realized that I was now defenseless, Greg's dad took another swing and hit me right across the face. I hit the ground in incredible pain. I saw Greg's face contort in rage as he let out a scream and threw his lightsaber at his dad, and hit him right between the legs!

I told that story because that's who Greg has always been to me. He has always defended and been there for me. He was with me when my "sisters" and I were fighting, he was there when I was coping with S.M.'s death, and he was there whenever I was having a bad day. Greg has been so loyal to me even when I didn't necessarily deserve that friendship from him, and I am so thankful for that.


To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 9: Ace of Cups

  Ace Of Cups Ace of Cups is a bar in Columbus, only a couple of miles from my parents' house. It’s fairly popular locally, and it’s pre...