Sunday, July 11, 2021

Season 4 Step 1 Blog 13: The Broken Curse

 The Broken Curse

Aspen, Marshall, and I got off our plane, and we were picked up by August and Kid, who had been in Colorado for a couple of days. We drove the hour to Arden's house in Fort Collins, and as soon as we entered the house, it began.

"Mitchie!" Arden said, hugging me after she had said hi to Marshall and Aspen. Next, she introduced us to her two roommates, Taylor and Shantel, and shortly after, some of their friends started arriving for the tropical-themed 4th of July party.

"Oh my gosh!" I said excitedly, "I forgot about my Uncle Sam hat!"

"You brought that thing?" Aspen asked, annoyed.

 "Did you think I was gonna let that tradition die?" I replied. There was a blow-up pool in the backyard, and the girls wanted to go swimming. Unfortunately, the water was cold, so Shantel had the brilliant idea of boiling water and pouring it into the pool.

"There's no way that is going to work." Marshall said, trying to explain the science. Chantel didn't care, and August and I spent the next 30 minutes boiling water, pouring it into the pool, and not making much of a difference.

After our failed attempts at getting the pool warmer, we went back inside, and Arden introduced us to one of her friends she had met when she lived in Loveland, named Andrea. I was having a normal conversation with Aundrea when suddenly, for absolutely no reason, the girls picked me up by my arms and legs and just started throwing me up in the air like I was the MVP at a sports game.

It felt bizarre for the girls not to be mad at me during a 4th of July event because that day seems to be cursed for our group. Almost every year since 2015, there has been some form of drama that develops on the 4th of July in our group. So I'm writing this installment because even though nothing really happened, I'm delighted that I finally got to enjoy the 4th of July stress-free with my friends again!


Have A Greattastic Day And Be Safe

J. Mitchie Ulibarri!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 7 Be An Advocate Blog 9: Ace of Cups

  Ace Of Cups Ace of Cups is a bar in Columbus, only a couple of miles from my parents' house. It’s fairly popular locally, and it’s pre...