Monday, September 14, 2026

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 15: Shane‘s Bachelor Party

 Shane’s Bachelor Party

One night in October of 2021, I was on a cart shift at Kroger. My partner on this cart shift was Shane (this was before he became my roommate). None of our shifts had lined up since I got the restraining order on my crazy ex, Ishana, so I was catching him up on my time in court and the verdict. I had met Shane the previous August, when Ishana was actively stalking me, and on Shane and my second shift working together, she showed up at Kroger. All this to say, my relationship drama dominated Shane and my early conversations. As I finished the story and was able to step away from this traumatic situation, a thought occurred to me. “Shane,” I asked, “are you in a relationship?” Shane immediately smiled and said, “Yes! I’m dating a girl named Jessica…” He paused, brought up his ring finger, pointed at it, and continued, “and soon she’s going to be more than just my girlfriend.” 

On Saturday, August 15th, 2026, I dropped Paige off with my cousins (they had invited us to see Spider-Man: Brand New Day), and I drove to a place called Put Hut. 

I got to Put Hut at 6:30 and walked in after I found parking. Put Hut (from what I can tell) had two major features. Firstly, it had a full putt-putt course. Secondly and more interestingly, the center of the building was dedicated to… well, it was like if a bowling alley and Topgolf had a baby. It had all these “ bowling lanes,” and you would hit the golf ball down the lane, and there were different Topgolf-esque games you could play.  I met all of the groom's party, which included Shane’s best man (Jesse), 2 of Shane’s other groomsmen (Matthew- who I believe is Jessica's brother-in-law- and a friend of Shane’s named Henry, though the relationships could be swapped). I was also reintroduced to Jessica’s brother Nick, who I met when Shane and Jessica got engaged (he will be officiating the wedding). We played a few rounds of the bowling Topgolf fusion game before we decided to go to Dave & Buster’s for dinner and to play some more games. 

After dinner, we played in the arcade for like 4 hours. The whole time I couldn’t stop staring at Shane. See, Shane and Jessica got engaged back in 2022 (Proposal On Gleason Road). Since then, there have been a handful of false starts with planning the wedding. I have always loved weddings, even before my own. Ever since Shane told me he was planning on proposing to Jessica back in October of 2021, and even more so since I helped them actually get engaged, I have been really looking forward to their wedding. I spent the night of Shane’s bachelor party in awe and excitement that the wedding is finally happening! 


Have a Greattastic day and be safe,

J. Mitchie Ulibarri, SBT


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 15: Shane‘s Bachelor Party

  Shane’s Bachelor Party One night in October of 2021, I was on a cart shift at Kroger. My partner on this cart shift was Shane (this was be...