Saturday, September 5, 2026

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 13: #FreeArden

 Season 10 Blog 13: #FreeArden

If you recall, The Kid Khronicles #4- Failures In Van Life, happened approximately a month after Paige and my wedding and Nicole's wedding was about a month after that. In that month, Arden and I, (and Paige as much as her schedule allowed), hung out a lot. We spent a lot of time at Metro Parks, and she and Marshall actually came to the Red White & Boom party. But the craziest thing that happened, happened within her first 2 weeks. On Monday, June 15th, as Paige and I drove to go out to dinner for our 1 month wedding anniversary, Kid and Arden spent one last night hanging out. The next day (Tuesday, June 16th), Kid officially left for her big road trip. While I am planning on catching you up with Kid later, she spent the majority of her first month on the road staying with August and Emerald.

Feeling sad that Kid was now heading to Colorado (oh, how the tables have turned), Arden texted me and asked if I wanted to meet her at the Park of Roses. I said yes and I drove to meet her. Arden and I spent a lot of time there hanging out, and we got dinner with Paige one of the nights that week. 

During this time, Arden told me about some of the weird occurrences that were happening with the person who owned the Airbnb she was staying at. 

Now I am not here to expose this woman as what was going on, in and of itself, was not important to the story. Within the first few days, Arden got a weird sense of foreboding whenever she was there. Despite having this Columbus job, on the weekends Arden would return home to Cincinnati. On Thursday, June 25th, (which for continuity was the day before the last day of summer school), Arden and I were hanging out once again. In the three nights since she had been back in town, that feeling of foreboding had intensified. While still protecting this woman's and Arden’s privacy, basically she was invading some of Arden's boundaries. 

“I don't want to make her feel bad by just leaving,” Arden said trying to be kind, “But I just…” 

“Don't feel comfortable,” I interrupted. “And I don't feel comfortable for you.”

“What should I do?” She asked.

“You should move out right now!” I said.

“What if there's a confrontation!” she exclaimed.

“Well, then, I'll go with you!” I said.

Unfortunately for Arden, as we headed to our cars to go get her stuff I started chanting “#freearden,” which only exacerbated her anxiety. We drove to this Airbnb, and when we arrived, Arden told me to wait outside and she walked in. I don't know what we were expecting. We definitely weren't planning on getting into a fist fight with this woman, but we assumed that she would at least yell at Arden. Almost as soon as Arden walked into the house, Arden walked back outside and began laughing.

“Mitchell,” she said, “She's asleep!” 

I covered my mouth because I knew if I started laughing, I would have woken this lady up. I couldn't help but think the climax of this made it somehow better. Like the way we amped it up so much in our heads that the idea that she could be asleep didn't even cross our minds. And I thought that was hilarious! 

Have a Greattastic day and be safe!

J. Mitchie Ulibarri, SBT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 14: Bad Days 2

  Bad Days 2 Before we get into this installment, I need to tell you about my bad habit of biting my nails. I’ve been wanting to stop, and P...