Monday, August 24, 2026

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 12: Congratulations Elena

 Congratulations Elena

“And I’d say that's about it,” I said to Elena when I finished the story 2 hours after we met up. “The next morning I woke up early, and you had texted me.” 

“That's awesome,” Elana said, “ sounds like you had an amazing summer!”

“So,” I asked, changing the subject, “I feel like I've been talking about me this whole time! Seriously, how have you been?” 

“Well,” she said, “I told you this summer has been interesting.”

“Yeah?” I replied. 

“I’m pregnant,” she said. And I immediately remembered the decaf coffee, and I clocked how she had reacted when I told her about Marshall messing with me about Arden being pregnant and when I told her about Sabrina‘s actual pregnancy. When I had mentioned each, she had tensed up a bit (apparently because she was thinking about her own). 


“Oh my gosh!” I said, “Congratulations!” 


“Thank you,” she replied. 


“I do have to ask…” I said, “I thought you and Anthony broke up?”


When I reconnected with Elena at Thread of Hope in October of 2025, she told me that she had been dating a guy named Anthony for the last few years. When we met up for coffee a couple days after Paige and I got back from our New York trip, I expressed wanting to meet him and maybe go on a double date. When I invited Elena and Anthony to go out when I got my SBT, two months later, however, Elena informed me that they had broken up. 


“No, you're right,” She confirmed.


For Paige and my wedding, we hired a local catering company. A former classmate of Elena and mine, named Leo, apparently works for them and worked the wedding. This was something I was completely oblivious to, but there was a lot going on on my wedding day. Elena and Jenna left St. Tim’s as soon as Paige and I were married, and so they were some of the first people to arrive at Koblot. Everything was already ready, so Leo was waiting around when Elena walked in. They caught up and exchanged numbers before the majority of guests arrived. I continued to express my congratulations to Elena and once again asked to set up a double date. As we left Crimson Cup and headed to our cars, Elena asked one last question.


“So,” she said, “Arden is still in town?”


“Yes,” I replied.


“So what have you guys got up to this summer? I'm sure there's been a lot,” she said. I laughed and caught her up: 

To Be Continued…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 12: Congratulations Elena

  Congratulations Elena “And I’d say that's about it,”  I said to Elena when I finished the story 2 hours after we met up. “The next mor...