Sunday, August 23, 2026

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 6.3: Cover Band

 Cover Band


Thursday June 11, 2026 was Mom’s birthday. The day before, I was at Luke and Josh‘s and I asked them if there were any plans. They didn’t know of any so after I got off work and I picked Paige up we called my brothers and found out that Mom‘s college friend Anita and a few others were going out to a bar to see an R.E.M. cover band (R.E.M. is one of Mom’s favorite bands).

We got to the bar at 6:30 (the show was scheduled to start at 7:00). We got into the venue and around 7:15 when the band had not started playing yet, I walked out onto the patio because I needed to burn off some stim energy. While I was out there, I ran into my grade school music teacher, Mrs. Millington and her husband.

We all went back into the venue, and we all hung out until the band started playing. There were a few technical difficulties (that we thought really could’ve been fixed during the hour that they made us wait) and I only knew a few of the songs. It was not a bad night, but spending it with family and friends made the not so fun parts worth it.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 9: Summer Long Honeymoon, Part 2: Park City

  Summer Long Honeymoon, Part 2: Park City My parents' college best friends, Ron and Anita Wallace, own a condo (or maybe it’s a timesha...