Artistic Representation
I love writing. I really do. But… It can be really annoying. The Andersons are not real. My immediate and extended families, my coworkers, Elana, Noah, Paige, everyone I write about, they are not real. They are just artistic representations of real people. That’s just the nature of the beast. The problem is there are some real people who I care about, that don’t usually fit into the art. When I was probably around 2 years old, my parents made friends with a family at church. We’ll call them the Loftmens. Mr. And Mrs. Loftmen had 2 sons, Gavin and Shaun. Mom and Dad met them at OLP as they were also parishioners. Mrs. Loftmen ended up on the Koblot softball team (which was a thing that they had like the first few years of the company's existence). This is all to say that the Loftmens and my family were really close until they moved out of state.
We stayed at the Loftmen’s Beach House twice growing up (once was in the summer of 2009. I remember because Michael Jackson died on that trip), and I have seen Shaun a couple of times over the course of Rules for a Greattastic Life.
Shaun got married to his wife, Sabrina, last fall and my parents went to the wedding. When they were there they found out that Shaun had been doing some contract work in Columbus. The day after Mom‘s birthday Mr. and Mrs. Loftmen and Shaun were in town, and we all had a big dinner. During this dinner, we found out that Sabrina was pregnant, and Paige Shaun and I bonded over our newly married lives.
This is a weird mini installment. Realistically I will write another installment in the near future that effectively renders this one irrelevant. It will go into more detail about my family‘s relationship with the Loftmens. I’m writing this for one reason. I have stated that if I write about you (as more than an ”extra”) I love you and you’re seared onto my heart. I have always loved the Loftmens, but I have not had the ability to include them in my writings. Since this dinner, Paige and I have become very close with Shaun and Sabrina and I wanted to finally include them in the story!
To be continued…
No comments:
Post a Comment