Sunday, August 23, 2026

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 8.5: Coworkers At Red White & Boom

 Coworkers At Red White & Boom

On Friday July 3, 2026, Mom, Dad, Ryan Luke, Josh,  Nimba, Lexi, Paige and I woke up at 6:00 a.m., at the lake house, and by 7:00 we were on the road. We got gas at 7:15, I fell asleep at the gas station, and when I woke, it was noon, and we were back in Columbus. 

At 5:50, Paige and I arrived at Kobolt, for the annual Red White & Boom party. My coworker, Elizabeth, and her boyfriend, Joel, who I also work with, had already arrived. I have mentioned Elizabeth before, but because most of our interactions are at work, I haven’t written about our friendship so that I don’t violate FERPA. “But Mitchell,” I can hear you saying, “you’ve totally mentioned other coworkers without mentioning students! What’s going on?” And yes, I have. We’ll get back to that. For now just know that Elizabeth is basically the workplace equivalent of Noah (in terms of how close we are). Also up until this event Elizabeth and Joel kept their relationship secret from our coworkers other than myself and some close friends. And I’m very proud of myself for having kept it since last November! 

Anyways, about 30 minutes later, our other coworkers, Kaylee, Kira, and Emily and 2 of her kids arrived. After that, Miranda, a couple of Ryan’s friends, and a ton of family friends (including Shaun Loftmen who Paige and I would go to lunch with the next day), got to the studio. We spent the next couple hours watching the World Cup, and then around 9:30 we went up to the roof. 

As the fireworks started at 10:00, I looked at my friends and smiled. When I started working at the school, I met Clo and her now ex girlfriend Lucy and we built a friend group together. Lucy and I had a falling out and while I am friends with everyone in the group individually now, at the time that fallout really affected my relationship with the group at work. While I’ve still had friends at work, there is something to be said about having a group. 

Elizabeth and I have been friends since late 2024, but everyone else started getting close with us last year, shortly before I got my SBT.  With this group finally solidifying, I am feeling more confident in my workplace friendships, outside of the building! 


To Be Continued…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 9: Summer Long Honeymoon, Part 2: Park City

  Summer Long Honeymoon, Part 2: Park City My parents' college best friends, Ron and Anita Wallace, own a condo (or maybe it’s a timesha...