Monday, August 24, 2026

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 10.5: The Shadowbox

 The Shadowbox

In all my writings, the most confusing person for me to write is my coworker Elizabeth. There are coworkers that I have been friends with that I haven’t written about explicitly in my writings because I couldn’t find a place to fit them (though most of them appeared in the wedding reception installments). But Elizabeth is my workplace bestie, like Lily, Clo, and Savanna before her. I met her in early Season 7, but we didn’t really become friends until the installment October-December. While she has appeared in a handful of installments, she wasn’t written in the way I would write, say, Clo, until a few installments ago.Her first appearance was in The Scroll Of Proposal. As you might recall, I took Paige on a scavenger hunt using scrolls (harkening back to when I asked Paige to be my girlfriend), leading back to our apartment where my engagement speech was written on a giant scroll. Elizabeth had written the clues on the mini scrolls and my speech on the big one because my handwriting is not good enough for such an important event. 

What I don’t think I said in The Scroll Of Proposal installment was the coolest part of the actual Scroll Of Proposal itself. See, my plan was, after I financially recovered from buying these scrolls, I was planning on buying a shadow box so we could display the Scroll of Proposal (and store the smaller ones). With wedding planning stress hitting so hard last fall, however, buying a shadow box was not high on my priority list. 

“Hey,” Elizabeth asked me one day in November of 2025, “Did you get a shadow box yet?” 

“No,” I replied, “I've been a little too stressed.”

“Good,” she said, “my sister makes custom ones, and I’m going to see her next summer. If you talk to Paige about what you want and give me the scrolls back, I can bring them with me on my trip, and we can get one made for you. It can be a wedding gift!” 

On Friday, July 17th, 2026, Elizabeth and I met up at a coffee shop and bar called Barrel and Bloom. While as of my meeting with Elena, she was on the trip to see her sister; I was intensely looking forward to receiving the shadow box!

To Be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 12: Congratulations Elena

  Congratulations Elena “And I’d say that's about it,”  I said to Elena when I finished the story 2 hours after we met up. “The next mor...