Sunday, August 23, 2026

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 6.5: Catching Up With Shane (& Jessica)

 Catching Up With Shane (& Jessica)

Shortly after Paige and my wedding, my former roommate Shane, moved out of the Gleason Road apartment, and moved into his fiancée, Jessica’s apartment. On Friday, June 12th 2026, Paige got off work at 4:00. I was off at 3:00 so I went from work to the Barnes & Noble by Paige’s Panara to wait for her to call me. 

I arrived at 3:30, and I walked around for about 10 minutes before my phone started to buzz. It was a FaceTime call from Shane. I was glad to hear from him. During the snowstorm back in February, Shane had asked me to be in his wedding, but I hadn’t really heard anything about it since. 

I answered the call and greeted Shane and Jessica. They asked me how the wedding was and I filled them in then I asked how they were feeling about their upcoming wedding. They were obviously both excited and Jessica told me all about the table arrangements and the wedding colors. 

This wedding is the second wedding party that I’m in. If I was excited for Greg’s wedding then I’m ecstatic for Shane’s. For one thing, while I’ve known Greg my whole life and I love Temi, I was never really involved in their love story until the wedding. I was the event coordinator, in all but name, for Shane and Jessica’s engagement; I feel like I have more of a stake in their relationship if that makes sense. Not to mention I was (more or less) single when Greg got married and of course now I’m not. Can’t wait till October guys!!!!

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 9: Summer Long Honeymoon, Part 2: Park City

  Summer Long Honeymoon, Part 2: Park City My parents' college best friends, Ron and Anita Wallace, own a condo (or maybe it’s a timesha...