Friday, August 21, 2026

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 2: Crimson Cup Reunion

 Crimson Cup Reunion


On Tuesday, July 21, 2026, after I dropped Paige off at work, I walked into Crimson Cup at 4:15. I walked up to the counter and ordered my usual.

“Hey,” I said to the cashier, “how’s Lydia? I came here on my wedding day, but I didn’t get a chance to talk to her.”

“Oh,” the cashier said, “she got a new job back in June! But I think she’s doing well.”

After I got my coffee, I sat down, and waited. About 10 minutes later the door opened and Elena Collins walked though. Elena is a friend of mine that I've known since kindergarten. We worked at Kroger together for a brief time and we finally reconnected last year. At this point, I hadn't seen her since Paige and my wedding. 

“Oh my gosh!” She screamed as we hugged, “How have you been?!”

“I've been (chuckles) Greattastic! How's your summer been?” I asked. 

“Oh,” She said, “It's been… Interesting.”

“Interesting how?” I asked. 

“I’ll tell you later,” she replied, “I'm gonna go get my coffee, and then I wanna hear everything about your summer!” 

When she returned with a decaf coffee I asked, “what do you want to hear about?” 

“Everything!”  She exclaimed, “How did you and Paige spend your first summer as a married couple together?” 

“I mean we did a lot,” I said, “Where you want me to start?”

“The wedding reception!” She declared.

“You were there!” I yelled. 

“Yeah, but we never debriefed about it!” 

I saw her point and said, “Okay so, we had our first dance, and I was a little nervous cuz, while I can dance, slow dancing is not my strong suit…”

“Yeah, I remember that,” she said, “and then it was the father/daughter and mother/son dances, and then you surprised her mom and your dad with a dance. Then Cousin Simple performed and at the end you guys sang Prima Donna…”

“Said your name was Paige,” I sang, interrupting her.

“Paige I like the view,” she responded, and then continued, “What was the rest of your night like?” 

“Well…” I said,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 10 Greattasticly Ever After Blog 5: Family Days

  Family Days There we re about 3 iterations of Paige and my wedding before the one that actually happened. The only important version, for ...